Pastoral Care Committee
The Church's Pastoral Care Committee is dedicated to the care of the members and friends of our congregation by providing prayer, communication, meals, visitation and other type of support services to those in need. If you, or someone you know, is sick, had surgery, has a new baby, or is in need of any kind of support and encouragement, please contact the Chairperson of the Pastoral Care Committee and share this information with us.
Pastoral Care Committee Members
Linda Griffin, Chair
Dr. Gene Caffey
The Pastoral Care Committee meets on the 4th Monday of each month.
The stated duties of this committee are:
1. Responsible for the church's pastoral ministry to its members, including visitation and care for shut-ins, the sick and those in special need.
2. Responsible for the church's practical care of its members, including household repairs, visits in homes, hospitals and nursing homes.
3. Responsible for assisting new members' welcome and assimilation into the church.
4. Responsible for reaching out to inactive members in efforts to restore them to fellowship in the church.
5. Responsible for reviewing the church once a year, and as needed, recommending to the Session that particular members be
placed on the inactive roll.